Monday, November 20, 2006
We asked superstar Dj Sinden to hit us up with a top ten. wow
Sinden's Tip Top Ten
1) Mekon Feat Roxanne Shante - Yes Yes Y'All (Sinden Baile Funk Remix)(Wall Of Sound)New remix from me with kinda cheap horns and synths (thats a plus in my book!)
2) Scottie B - Paul Simon Joint (Hollertronix CDR) Call Me Al (remember the vid with Chevy Chase?!) gets a Baltimore Club update. Its pure heat and gyals love it too!
3) Count Of Monte Cristal - Rocky (Counterfeet CDR) Get a proper jackin house groove, add a rave breakdown a bit of baltimore club and an Eye Of The Tiger break. You just got the most retarded club record for a minute.
4) Hi Jack - Hi Jackin (Herves F*ck F*ck Remix) (On The Brink Recordings) This remix lives up to its name. When I heard the bassline on this jackin houser it i couldnt stop sayin F*ck either. Big!
5) Jim Jones Feat Tego Calderon - We Fly High Remix (Koch) Big NY hip hop record just got bigger with this reggaeton remix. Tego straight kills this beat.
6) Rod Lee - Lets Git It (Unruly Records CDR) "Where James Bond at?" announces Rod over a 007 synth breakdown taken from this forthcoming EP on Unruly. This has got them big baltimore club horns to make the crowd get buck!
7) Phones - Sharpen The Knives (CDR) This hectic electro track just builds and builds and builds. Future dance music from Mr Epworth.
8) DJ Dede - Tribes (CDR) Basically, if Timbaland went to Rio's Favelas and made Brazilian beats this could be the outcome. They call this stuff 'Future Funk' in Brazil (crap title i know)
9) Merkston - Good Old Days Featuring Ghetto (Adamantium) Throwback style grime tune about reminiscing about them good ole days. Beat sounds like its trapped in 1999. That aint a bad thing - this is real fresh!
10) The Cure - The Walk (Everything Remix) (Elektra) Sounds like a remix but is in fact a re-recording made 7 years after the original. More electro than usual output -i cant front on The Cure. Ever.