Saturday, March 22, 2008
Okay, so you fools probably didnt believe us when we proposed a 'Ghetto House Top Ten' did you? DID YOU? (To be honest, I didnt believe myself). Ghetto House is a name that has been passed around a lot recently, hopefully the people using it know what it means and we can avoid what has happened to Fidget House happening to Ghetto House. I doubt it ever will, seeing as ghetto shit is exactly that, as it usually involves a big black american dude, a couple of busted drum machines and a little pent up frustrated energy, I cant see Craig from Durham churning out the next 'House-O-Matic'...can you?
To be honest, a top ten of this kind of music is a daft idea, there are far too many good tracks that could be included in this list. So here is a pick of the crop, as opposed to a definitive 'best of'......
1. Cajmere - Percolator
2. DJ Deeon - House-O-Matic
3. Rod Lee - Problems
4. Ron Caroll - Walking down the Street
5. The Outhere Brothers - Whip Dat Pussy
6. Paul Johnson - Feel My M.F Bass
7. Mike Dunn - ~Lets Work That Mutha Fucka
8. DJ Funk - House the Groove
9. DJ Slugo - Work It
10. The House Master Boyz and The Rude Boy of House - House Nation